It turns out that sourdough focaccia is my new favourite go-to bread to make!
• 465g of strong bread flour 1860
• 10g of fast-action dried yeast40
• 12g of salt48
• 300ml of water1200
• 4 sprigs of rosemary, picked
• olive oil
• sea salt
To make the dough
1. Place everything except the water into a mixer with dough hook attached and mix until thoroughly combined (this can also be done by hand). While the mixer is running, pour in the warm water slowly. Let the mixer work the dough for 5 minutes before tipping out onto a greased work surface
2. Continue kneading for about 5 minutes longer by stretching out the dough to arms length on the work surface, tucking the sides into the middle as you go
3. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with oiled cling film and leave for around an hour to prove
4. Once the dough has doubled in size gently flatten and stretch to fit into 2 lined baking trays, pushing it into the corners as you go. Leave to prove again for approximately 1 hour
5. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 8
6. Using the tips of your fingers, dimple the surface of the dough all over. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle liberally with sea salt and scatter over a few sprigs of rosemary
7. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, brushing it with more olive oil as it cooks
Added by: Andras Veres
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.