Lovely oniony cheesy bread
150 grams starter (I use a 50/50 rye one)
385 grams lukewarm water
500 grams Canadian white flour
9 grams salt
1 medium red onion finely sliced
5 grams dried thyme
7 grams grated Parmesan cheese
1. Add all the dry (including cheese) ingredients to a bowl &mix together to distribute all evenly
2. Add wet ingredients & mix until no dry parts exist
3. Leave to rest for 30 minutes covered
4. Carry out a series of stretch & folds for about a minute
5. Cover & leave in a warm place to prove for 6 hours
6. Turn out onto a lightly floured top & using a dough scraper shape into either a round or bloomer trying to keep as much air in as possible - i.e. try not to knock back the dough in the process.
7. Cover & leave allow to retard overnight
8. In the morning heat the oven to 240 degrees centigrade & place in a preheater dutch oven & bake for 20 minutes covered & 30 minutes uncovered
As ever try to allow to cool and eat with lashings of butter
Added by: Ian Makinson
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers