A georgous malted cheese sourdough.
150 grams starter (I use a 50/50 rye one)
385 grams lukewarm water
500 grams Canadian white flour
9 grams salt
1 medium red onion finely sliced
5 grams dried thyme
7 grams grated Parmesan cheese
1. Add all the dry (including cheese) ingredients to a bowl &mix together to distribute all evenly
2. Add wet ingredients & mix until no dry parts exist
3. Leave to rest for 30 minutes covered
4. Carry out a series of stretch & folds for about a minute
5. Cover & leave in a warm place to prove for 6 hours
6. Turn out onto a lightly floured top & using a dough scraper shape into either a round or bloomer trying to keep as much air in as possible - i.e. try not to knock back the dough in the process.
7. Cover & leave allow to retard overnight
8. In the morning heat the oven to 240 degrees centigrade & place in a preheater dutch oven & bake for 20 minutes covered & 30 minutes uncovered
As ever try to allow to cool and eat with lashings of butter
Added by: Ian Makinson
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.