This three-day recipe will enable you to create golden croissants at home that also freeze well too.
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
250 ml lukewarm water
2 tsp dry yeast
500 g Shipton Mill organic white flour
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
250g butter, cold, grated
2 eggs whisked for whitewash
1. Mix the warm water, sugar and yeast; leave for 10 minutes for activation.
2. Mix the flour and salt.
3. Add the oil and the yeast mix to make a soft dough; rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Divide into 16 equal pieces, make into small balls and roll out into 15 cm diameter discs.
5. Put a handful of grated cold butter on the first disc; repeat till all the butter and dough has been used, placing each one on top of the last.
6. On a flat surface, marble ideally, roll out all 16 on top of each other.
7. If it is not easy to roll out (probably the butter is too soft) keep in the fridge for another 15 minutes.
8. Roll out into one 0.5 mm thick, 80-100 cm wide circle.
9. Cut it into four, then eight and finally 16 equal wedges.
10. Make a little cut (2cm long) on each wedge from the perimeter towards the centre.
11. Roll them up one by one, tightly, stretching the small end as you go along.
12. Place 8 on a lined baking tray, brush with the eggwash and bake for 10 minutes at 200C, then another 12-15 minutes at 190C.
Enjoy with home made jam or dipped in melted chocolate.
Added by: Berrin Looker
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.