Prep Time 35 minutes
Bake time 10 minutes
I double the frosting
1 ½ Sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, I stick melted, ½ stick softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon plus 2 pinches salt
1 2/3 cups flour
(Shipton Mill recommends No.117 Cake and Pastry Flour)
4 ounces cream cheese, chilled
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the baking powder, the baking soda and ¾ teaspoon salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour.
3. Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop 12 generous mounds of batter, spaced evenly, onto each baking sheet. Bake until springy to the touch, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with the cream cheese. Add the confectioner’s sugar and the remaining 2 pinches salt and ½ teaspoon vanilla; mix on low speed until blended, then beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Spread the flat side of 12 cakes with the cream cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.
Added by: webmaster
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will generally be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers