Soft, fudge like brownies with some of those left over creme eggs, if there's any left over that is!
Post Easter Brownies
85g Shipton Mill Cake Flour (Double Sifted)
3 Large Organic Eggs
175g Golden Caster Sugar
100g Good Quality Dark Chocolate
100g Good Quality Milk Chocolate
1 x Bag of Caramel buttons
50g Cocoa Powder
300ml Double Cream
1. In a heavy based saucepan on a low heat, warm 300ml double cream, 100g Dark Chocolate & 100g Milk Chocolate, stir frequently until ‘just’ melted, then set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 180 and line a 20x20 square dish.
3. Sift 85g Shipton’s Cake Flour and 50g Cocoa Powder.
4. In a large bowl using a electric whisk or stand mixer, on the high setting whisk 3 Large Organic Eggs and 175g Golden Caster Sugar until the mixture has doubled in size to a thick milkshake consistency, pale in colour.
5. Slowly add the chocolate cream mixture to the eggs and sugar mixture to combine.
6. Sift the Flour and Cocoa mixture for a second time over the combined mixture and gently fold to combine, ‘just’.
7. Dust the caramel buttons with flour and add to the brownie mixture.
8. Pour the mixture into the 20x20 dish and place in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Cut several Crème Eggs in half or any other toppings you want.
10. After 25 minutes pull the dish out slightly and give it a wobble, if the middle is wobbly give it 5-10 minutes longer and check at 5 minute intervals.
11. Place the halved crème eggs into the top of the brownie and then leave the brownie in the dish until cold before cutting into 9 or 12 pieces depending on how big you want them.
Added by: stevescorner
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers