This traditional and delicious Porridge can be made using the organic pinhead oatmeal, a little sea salt and water. As you may know pinhead oatmeal has very thick, rough grains and the larger pinhead grains require a longer cooking time (even pre-soaking).
Serves – Two Cooking and preparation time -10 mins
2 tablespoons of flaked almonds (1 for toasting and 1 for cooking Porridge)
2 cups of pinhead oats (one cup for one person) 1 cup of water (Optional :1 cup of cream for garnish)
2 tablespoons of cranberries
• Place 1 tbsp of flaked almonds in a frying pan and toast until golden, then set aside.
• In a saucepan, thoroughly stir the 2 cups of pinhead oats with the water.
• Bring the oats to boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
• Stir in the remaining (untoasted) flaked almonds, cranberries (cranberries may be placed after cooking as well if you wish).
• Keep stirring the oats until they have become a nice thick Porridge, then add the whole almond. • Pour into bowls and sprinkle the toasted almonds over the Porridge.
• Enjoy the perfect pinhead oatmeal porridge with cranberries and almonds!
Added by: niran
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.