This traditional and delicious Porridge can be made using the organic pinhead oatmeal, a little sea salt and water. As you may know pinhead oatmeal has very thick, rough grains and the larger pinhead grains require a longer cooking time (even pre-soaking).
Serves – Two Cooking and preparation time -10 mins
2 tablespoons of flaked almonds (1 for toasting and 1 for cooking Porridge)
2 cups of pinhead oats (one cup for one person) 1 cup of water (Optional :1 cup of cream for garnish)
2 tablespoons of cranberries
• Place 1 tbsp of flaked almonds in a frying pan and toast until golden, then set aside.
• In a saucepan, thoroughly stir the 2 cups of pinhead oats with the water.
• Bring the oats to boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
• Stir in the remaining (untoasted) flaked almonds, cranberries (cranberries may be placed after cooking as well if you wish).
• Keep stirring the oats until they have become a nice thick Porridge, then add the whole almond. • Pour into bowls and sprinkle the toasted almonds over the Porridge.
• Enjoy the perfect pinhead oatmeal porridge with cranberries and almonds!
Added by: niran
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers