Super soft and moist, dairy free, egg free vegan orange cake
100 grams of softened butter
40 grams of coconut oil
150 grams of coconut sugar
Zest of 2 large oranges
270 grams of organic Spelt flour
2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
40 grams of coconut milk
1/2 tsp of salt
1. Add softened butter, coconut oil, sugar and orange zest to a bowl and whisk together until everything is well combined
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the butter mixture and mix until well combined
3. Add the coconut milk to the mixture and mix in gently until fully incorporated; however do not over mix your batter
4. Pour the batter into a well buttered and floured 20 cm cake pan
5. Bake at 180C for about 25 - 30 minutes
6. After 30 minutes insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake; if the toothpick come out clean then the cake is done
7. Once the cake is completely cooled you can frost with a frosting of your choice and enjoy!
Added by: bridgemc121910
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers