Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
100 grams of softened butter
40 grams of coconut oil
150 grams of coconut sugar
Zest of 2 large oranges
270 grams of organic Spelt flour
2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
40 grams of coconut milk
1/2 tsp of salt
1. Add softened butter, coconut oil, sugar and orange zest to a bowl and whisk together until everything is well combined
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the butter mixture and mix until well combined
3. Add the coconut milk to the mixture and mix in gently until fully incorporated; however do not over mix your batter
4. Pour the batter into a well buttered and floured 20 cm cake pan
5. Bake at 180C for about 25 - 30 minutes
6. After 30 minutes insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake; if the toothpick come out clean then the cake is done
7. Once the cake is completely cooled you can frost with a frosting of your choice and enjoy!
Added by: bridgemc121910
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.