Soft, chewy & sweet, these cookies are a wonderful weekend treat!
150ml Vegetable Oil
200g Golden Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg (Beaten)
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
140g Shipton Mill T00 Flour
¼ Tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment
3. Soak the raisins in 50ml boiling water until plump. Drain, reserving the liquid
4. In a large bowl, mix together the oil and sugar
5. Gradually beat in the egg, along with the reserved water from the raisins, the cinnamon and vanilla extract
6. Sift flour, bicarb of soda and a pinch of salt into the bowl with wet ingredients, then add the oats. Finally, mix in the raisins.
7. Drop heaped tbsps of the cookie dough onto the baking trays, well spaced apart as they will spread when baking 8. Bake for 12-15 mins until golden.
8. Leave to cool on the trays for at least 10 mins before enjoying with a glass of milk!
Artwork by Ameena Nur
Added by: Ameena Nur
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.