Mooncake with red bean paste fillings
Organic cake flour: 300g
Vegetable oil: 70g
Lye water: 20g, which is made of 5 g sodium carbonate and 15 g water (baking soda 200 degree 10mins in oven, converted to sodium carbonate)
salt: 1g 1/8 teaspoon
1. Mix the ingredients to make the dough
2. Rest the dough for 2 hours.
3. Make the red bean paste fillings.
4. Divide the dough to 25 g each, and fillings to 30g each
5. Wrap the dough with fillings into a ball. Press the mold to
make the moon cake.
6. Preheat oven to 180 °C, bake for 5 minutes brush egg wash, 165°C bake for 5 minutes brush egg wash again, 165°C bake for another 20 mins.
Added by: Cheng Chen
Due to a temporary susension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here.
If you live in Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers