Middle eastern flatbread, lovely and soft!
500g white bread flour
25g caster sugar
30ml olive oil
1. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Add the olive oil and 270ml of water. Mix with your hands. Slowly, add the remaining water until you have a soft dough.
2. Pour a little bit of oil onto a surface. Place the dough on top and knead for 10 minutes. This will form a smooth dough.
3. Place into a clean oiled bowl and let rise until double in size.
4.Tip the dough onto a oiled surface. Knead again by folding the dough over into itself. Split into 3 parts, and roll into 3 large circles.
5. Place onto lined baking trays, and cover. Let rise for 20 minutes.
6. Just before baking, brush the surface with oive oil, and spread a topping of your choice (e.g sesame seeds, poppy seeds).
7. Bake in pregeated oven (220 C) For 15 minutes. Let cool.
Added by: ayesha
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers