Delicious vegan pancakes - they taste just like traditional pancakes made with egg and milk!
1. Lightly oil and pre-heat a small (12-14cm) frying pan on a low-medium heat.
2. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add the sourdough starter, egg, vegetable oil and milk. Mix until combined.
3. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the frying pan, you should see bubbles forming on top as it cooks.
4. Cook the first side until the first few bubbles have popped.
5. Turn over and cook the other side for approx. 1-2 minutes or until golden-brown.
6. Repeat for the remaining batter.
Note: If using all white flour, reduce the milk to 1 1/2 cups.
Added by: Philip Mathieson
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.