A moist fluffy lemon bread which goes lovely with a cup of your favourite hot drink
4 Tbsp Margarine
½ Cup Sugar
Rind of ½ Lemon
1 Cup of Flour
¼ Cup of Milk
1 Tsp Baking Powder
pinch of salt.
2 Tbsp Sugar
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loan tine (1lb)
2. Cream margarine with wooden spoon until soft. Gradually cream in the sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
3. Beat the egg in a small bowl and beat into the mixture a little at a time
4. Sift half the flour and baking powder into the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon. Then fold in half the milk. Repeat with rest of flour and milk.
5. Stir in the lemon rind and put mixture in loaf tin.
6. Bake for approx. 40 – 45 minutes. Test with skewer to see if cooked.
7. While still warm and in the tin, pour over the lemon juice mixed with sugar. Leave to soak in, then turn onto a rack to cool.
Added by: PaulC
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers