Really delicious way of using your sourdough discard. Makes about 12 American sized muffins, or, as I prefer about 12 english buns/fairy cake sized treats. Both seem to take about the same time to cook though
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
A Festive recipe by Jason Derbyshire
300g (10½oz) Self-raising flour
150g (6oz) Dark muscovado sugar
9tbsp Melted butter
3 Large eggs
225g (9oz) Mixed fruit
3tbsp Apricot jam
600g Fondant Icing white (ready to use)
100g Red Fondant Icing
100g Green Fondant Icing
1. Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190ºC, fan 170ºC.
2. Put 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
3. Mix the flour and sugar and make a well in the centre of the mixture.
4. Whisk together the melted butter, milk and eggs, and slowly pour into the bowl, stirring gently.
5. Add the mixed fruit and stir together.
6. Divide the mixture among the 12 prepared muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
7. Remove the muffins and place on a wire rack to cool.
8. To decorate, lightly dust a work surface with icing sugar and roll out 600g of the fondant icing until fairly thin.
9. Cut out 12 irregular rounds, about 5-7cm (2-3in) diameter, and use to top each mini muffin to resemble a white Christmas pudding topping.
10. Roll out the green fondant and cut out small holly leaf shapes. Roll the red fondant into small ball shapes using your fingertips.
11. Finish off decorating the muffins with the leaves and berries, using just a dab of water to help them stick.
Added by: NaomiS
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.