Scrumptious crowd pleasing loaf
100g Ripe Starter
250g No. 1 Bakers's Flour
150g Canadian strong white bread flour
30g White Rye Flour
30g Wholemeal Flour
325g Water (about 30 degC)
120g Pickled Jalepeno's, drained and diced
120g Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese
1. Mix the dough ingredients (I don't bother to autolyse), cover, and leave somewhere warm for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes, carry out a stretch and fold, then cover and wait again for another 30 minutes.
3. Introduce the filling as part of the second stretch and fold - i stretch the dough out flat, sprinkle on the filling, and then fold it up to keep the filling on the inside and dough on the outside.
4. Carry out 2 more sets of stretch and folds at 30-ish minute intervals until the filling is evenly distributed in the dough. The leave covered during the remainder of bulk fermentation.
5. When the dough is puffy and bulk fermentation done (say doubled-ish in size) shape and put into a floured banneton.
6. Prove a couple of hours on the bench, or overnight in the fridge.
7. Turn out the dough, score, and bake in a pre-heated dutch oven at 245 degC for 30 minutes, remove the lid, and bake for another 25 minutes at 190 degC (cover the top loosely with foil if the cheddar starts to get too dark)
Added by: Matt_C
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers