Mouth watering Homemade Croissants
1lb of white flour
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of yeast
250g of unsalted butter
1. Make the bread dough to regular bread dough receipe.
2. Leave to rise for about an hour and half at room temperature in the bowl you made it in, cover with plan or something similar.
3. Roll the block of butter between two sheets of greaseproof until its 30cm by 20cm
4. Roll the dough out to 40cm by 30 cm
5. place the butter in the middle of the dough at right angles and fold the dough over towards the middle, covering the butter
6. fold the dough and butter in half again and leave in the fridge for an hour
7. take out of the fridge and roll out to 40 cm by 30 cm and fold the two ends into the middle and then in half again along the crease left in the middle.
8. Repeat 7 after another hour and leave overnight to rise in the fridge.
9. I the morning roll it out to a sheet 60 cm by 30 cm. Cut in half length ways down the middle. Cut into 12 equally sized triangles.
10. Take the triangles and roll from one side carefully tucking the end over at the end to keep the roll together and shape the ends to make a croissant crescent moon shape.
11. Leave to rise for another two hours, wash with egg wash and bake at 200 Celsius for about 15 minutes.
Added by: Kerensa Hobbs
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers