This delicious sour-dough bread is made with equal quantities of organic light rye, organic malted flour and organic white spelt flour. For a rustic effect dusted with organic semolina flour.
Makes two loaves:
400 Gr active sour-dough starter (50% water, 50% organic white flour)
600 Gr water
700 Gr flour 1/3 each of organic light rye, organic malted flour, and organic white spelt flour
2 level tbsp of salt
1. Mix the starter with all the water and 300 Gr white spelt, cover, leave in a cool spot overnight to develop a Levain.
2. Mix in the salt and remainding 400 Gr of the flours
3. Knead by hand for 10 Min. Rest for 15 Min. Knead for a further 5 Min.
4. Shape and place in proofing baskets well dusted with Semolina flour for 1 hour
5. Put in a cool place and leave to proof for 6-12 hours untill ready to bake
6. Turn out on a pre-heated baking stone, cut decorations with a very sharp knive, add steam or a cup of water on a tray to the oven, bake at 240°C for 20 Min and at 180°C for a further 20 Min.
Added by: Erik Burger
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.