This delicious sour-dough bread is made with equal quantities of organic light rye, organic malted flour and organic white spelt flour. For a rustic effect dusted with organic semolina flour.
Makes two loaves:
400 Gr active sour-dough starter (50% water, 50% organic white flour)
600 Gr water
700 Gr flour 1/3 each of organic light rye, organic malted flour, and organic white spelt flour
2 level tbsp of salt
1. Mix the starter with all the water and 300 Gr white spelt, cover, leave in a cool spot overnight to develop a Levain.
2. Mix in the salt and remainding 400 Gr of the flours
3. Knead by hand for 10 Min. Rest for 15 Min. Knead for a further 5 Min.
4. Shape and place in proofing baskets well dusted with Semolina flour for 1 hour
5. Put in a cool place and leave to proof for 6-12 hours untill ready to bake
6. Turn out on a pre-heated baking stone, cut decorations with a very sharp knive, add steam or a cup of water on a tray to the oven, bake at 240°C for 20 Min and at 180°C for a further 20 Min.
Added by: Erik Burger
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers