Gluten-Free version of a classic, great to share! Gluten-free flour can have a 'dry' mouth feel, but using the tried and tested Victoria Sponge recipe with our blend produces a good result. Load it up with berries and edible flowers for a really pretty tea party.
Ingredients: must be at room temperature!
200g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter
4 medium eggs
200g Shipton Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose flour
2 pinches salt
2 level tsp GF baking powder
1. Pre-heat fan oven to 170˚C.
2. Butter and line 2 x 8inch sponge tins with parchment discs.
3. Weigh the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
4. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
6. Carefully fold in the dry ingredients.
7. Divide mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 30 mins.
8. Leave to cool in tin a few minutes, then loosen with palette knife and turn out on to wire rack.
9. When cool sandwich together with jam and whipped cream, decorate with rose petals and little fruits and flowers.
Added by: gfshiptonmill
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers