Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
Ingredients: must be at room temperature!
200g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter
4 medium eggs
200g Shipton Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose flour
2 pinches salt
2 level tsp GF baking powder
1. Pre-heat fan oven to 170˚C.
2. Butter and line 2 x 8inch sponge tins with parchment discs.
3. Weigh the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
4. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
6. Carefully fold in the dry ingredients.
7. Divide mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 30 mins.
8. Leave to cool in tin a few minutes, then loosen with palette knife and turn out on to wire rack.
9. When cool sandwich together with jam and whipped cream, decorate with rose petals and little fruits and flowers.
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Added by: gfshiptonmill
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.