Crusty on the outside, soft, moist and springy on the inside. A perfect texture and size for burgers, or whatever else you want to put in them.
Levy Larder Gluten Free Bread Flour Blend - Yes there is a lot of ingredients but I make my bread flour blend in bulk and take what I need. If you don't use the same blend of flours, it won't work anywhere near as well.
115 g Cornflour Starch
65 g Tapioca Starch
90 g Potato Starch
40 g Teff (Brown or White)
25 g Sorghum
20 g Buckwheat
5 g Baking Powder
5 g Xanthan Gum
5 g Guar Gum
5 g Salt
1tsp flavouring (something like Cinnamon, Onion, Nutritional Yeast works well. Optional)
50 g Ground Almonds (this helps to keep the rolls soft for longer. You can leave it out and add an extra 50 g of the flour blend if you prefer)
400 g Tepid Water
11 g Bioreal Organic Active Yeast
1 tsp Honey. Only used to give a good colour to your rolls (optional)
50 g Apple Puree
2 Chia eggs (2 Tbls ground Chia seeds mixed with 6 Tbls tepid water and left for 10 mins to gel)
1 Tbls Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Olive oil
• Make the Chia egg by mixing the ground seeds with tepid water. Leave for about 10 mins to go gloopy.
• Put Water, Honey and Apple into your mixing bowl.
• Add the Yeast which will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
• Mix all your dry ingredients together.
• When Yeast starts to float, turn on mixer and add flour blend.
• Add Chia Egg, Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil.
• Mix for 10 mins on a low to medium power (Nr 3) using a paddle, not a dough hook, until well combined and no lumps. Mixing for this length of time is important as it really helps the gums to activate. This is a thick batter / slack dough.
• Put 112 g of dough into each roll mould (this mix will make 9 rolls). Lekue Silicone Burger bun moulds are excellent for these rolls. Put the roll moulds onto a baking sheet to contain them.
• Cover and put somewhere warm to prove for 1 hour to double in size.
• Pre heat your oven to 190 deg C fan and place an old baking tray at the bottom of the oven.
• When the dough has doubled, put into the oven. Pour a good cup of boiling water into the old baking tray and bake for 35 mins.
When cooked remove from moulds and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
Tags: Gluten Free, Rolls, Buns.
Added by: J LEVY
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers