Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Tray Bake
Very simple yet delicious.
225 g Butter, softened
225 g Sugar (or non-sugar substitute)
265 g Shipton Mill Gluten Free flour blend
4 tsps Baking Powder
4 Tbls Milk
finely grated zest of 2 Lemons
175 g Sugar
juice of 2 Lemons
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Line and grease a 30 x 23 x 4 cm (12 x 9 x 1 ½ inches) baking tin. Have the greaseproof paper coming over the edge of the tin on a couple of sides to make it easier to remove the tray bake later on.
- Cream the Sugar, Butter and Lemon zest.
- Add the rest of the sponge ingredients. Mix until combined and the batter is smooth.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the tray bake springs back when pressed lightly with a finger and is beginning to shrink away from the sides of the tin.
- Allow the tray bake to cool a bit in the tin whilst you make the crunchy topping.
- Make the Crunchy Topping by mixing the Lemon juice and Sugar in a small bowl to give a runny consistency. Prick the sponge all over the top and spoon the topping evenly over the tray bake whilst it is still just warm and still in the tin.
- Leave to cool and then remove from the tin.
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.