Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
120g Shipton Mill All-Purpose white flour blend
1 pinch salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp caster sugar
2 medium eggs, separated
¼ tsp good vanilla essence
20g melted butter
80g fresh blueberries
1. Weigh the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a bowl.
2. Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the whites with an electric whisk until they form soft peaks.
3. Gently heat a frying pan with a little butter over a medium heat.
4. Beat the yolks, milk and vanilla essence into the flour mix.
5. Add the melted butter and beat again.
6. Carefully fold the whipped egg whites through the batter, add the blueberries and stir again.
7. Drop a large tablespoon of the batter into the hot pan, when it sets and bubbles form turn over and cook on the other side.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Added by: gfshiptonmill
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.