These are delicious in summer served outdoors with fresh fruit and yoghurt, or crushed summer berries and maple syrup. Make them in winter leaving out the blueberries, and turn them into something more substantial for Sunday mornings - serve them with grilled bacon and maple syrup, garnished with a slice of orange, Martha's Vineyard style. Makes around 5/6 American style pancakes
120g Shipton Mill All-Purpose white flour blend
1 pinch salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp caster sugar
2 medium eggs, separated
¼ tsp good vanilla essence
20g melted butter
80g fresh blueberries
1. Weigh the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a bowl.
2. Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the whites with an electric whisk until they form soft peaks.
3. Gently heat a frying pan with a little butter over a medium heat.
4. Beat the yolks, milk and vanilla essence into the flour mix.
5. Add the melted butter and beat again.
6. Carefully fold the whipped egg whites through the batter, add the blueberries and stir again.
7. Drop a large tablespoon of the batter into the hot pan, when it sets and bubbles form turn over and cook on the other side.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Added by: gfshiptonmill
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers