Make these light and moist muffins with your local apples in October. If you have organic apples with red skins, wash and leave the skin on before chopping them so that the red skins can be glimpsed inside the muffins. Makes 6 moreish muffins using tin with hole measuring 50cm x 50cm
100g Shipton Mill All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
50g ground almonds
1 pinch salt
1½ tsp gf baking powder
80g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp good vanilla essence
50g flaked almonds
180g washed and chopped organic eating apple, if not organic peel first
juice of ½ lemon
1. Pre-heat a fan oven to 180˚C and line the muffin tin with tulip cases.
2. Weigh the flour, ground almonds, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla essence, chopped apple and flaked almonds and stir with a spatula.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the mixture.
6. Stir the lemon juice through the mixture and divide between the muffin cases.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and then remove to a wire rack to cool.
Added by: gfshiptonmill
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Looking for a unique gift for the baker in your life this Christmas? Well we might just have the answer, one of our beautiful Christmas Hampers.
Choose from The Baker’s Starter Kit, designed for the passionate home baker, some of the essentials to get you up and running to produce mouth-watering goodies. Or The Shipton Mill Special, a limited edition hamper including Uncle Tom’s cold-pressed olive oil, our Shipton Mill apron, a hand carved British bread board and more.