Quick, simple and oh so yummy! This recipe can easily be halved, but it's best to make the whole batch because they store amazingly well in the freezer.
100gr salted butter
75gr light brown soft sugar
1tbsp grated fresh ginger
100gr golden syrup
250gr Shipton Mill Self-raising flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1.5tsp ground ginger
1 small egg yolk
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan or gas 5. Line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt, butter, sugar, syrup and fresh ginger, leave to cool.
3. Mix the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
4. Gradually stir in cooled sugar mixture and the egg yolk, knead briefly to make a dough.
5. Roll the dough into 20gr balls, put on baking trays with 3cm between to allow for spreading, flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool for a minute on tray, then transfer to cooling rack.
Enjoy, store in airtight container for up to 10 days, if you're lucky!!
Added by: Jan@work
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.