The Best Ginger Biscuits
100gr salted butter
75gr light brown soft sugar
1tbsp grated fresh ginger
100gr golden syrup
250gr Shipton Mill Self-raising flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1.5tsp ground ginger
1 small egg yolk
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan or gas 5. Line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt, butter, sugar, syrup and fresh ginger, leave to cool.
3. Mix the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
4. Gradually stir in cooled sugar mixture and the egg yolk, knead briefly to make a dough.
5. Roll the dough into 20gr balls, put on baking trays with 3cm between to allow for spreading, flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool for a minute on tray, then transfer to cooling rack.
Enjoy, store in airtight container for up to 10 days, if you're lucky!!
Added by: Jan@work
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers