Looking for light and fluffy focaccia? Look no further!!!
What you need!
500g strong bread flour
7g dried fast action yeast.
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
Handful of cut olives
small bunch of rosemary
What to do!
1. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, the yeast & salt.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add 2 tbsp oil and about 350 warm water, adding slowly until you have a slightly sticky dough. Sprinkle your work surface with flour and tip the dough out. Kneed for 5-10 mins until your dough is soft and less sticky. Put the dough into a clean bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for 1 hr until doubled in size.
3. Oil a rectangle, shallow tin. Tip the dough into the tin, then stretch it to fill the tin. Cover with a tea towel and leave for another 40 mins.
4. Heat the oven to 220C. Dimple the dough using your fingers. Drizzle oil, salt, rosemary and cut olives over the bread.
5. Bake for 20 mins until golden brown.
6. Once out, and while the bread is still hot, drizzle over 1-2 tbsp olive oil
7. Cut, eat and enjoy
Added by: mattchong
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers