Simple soft white loaves, excellent for everyday use
1kg Strong white flour
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
50g fresh yeast
75g soft butter
500ml warm water
flour to dust
1. Sieve together flour and salt into a large bowl.
2. Mix in butter.
3. Cream yeast with sugar and a little of warm water, mix in remaining water.
4. Add yeast mixture to flour, mix until a soft sticky dough forms (a little extra, or less water may be needed)
5. Knead well on a very lightly floured surface for 10 minutes until smooth.
6. Return dough to lightly floured bowl, cover with tea towel and leave to rise for about two hours in a warm place.
7. Remove from bowl and gently knock back dough.
8. Divide into three even sized pieces , shape each into a ball and gently roll the ends to form an oval shaped loaf. Repeat with remaining dough, placing each shaped loaf on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
9. Cover with clean tea towel. Leave to prove for a further one to one and a half hours.
10. When dough is well proved, have oven preheated to 220 C. Coat loaves with flour and using a very sharp knife, slash tops deeply three times. Bake until brown.
Added by: ElainePatricia
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers