Very quick to prepare and using chestnut four, this wheat-free pancake is delicious served hot for breakfast.
To make about 18 small pancakes which, in my experience, is enough for 3 small hungry children.
Preparation time - 10mins.
3 ripe bananas
4 tablespoons Shipton Mill chestnut flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Coconut oil for frying
1) Peel, chop and then squash (using the back of a large fork) the bananas in a mixing bowl.
2) Add the eggs and mix well with the banana.
3) Take a large frying pan or preferably griddle pan and heat on a medium heat with a generous blob of coconut oil.
4) Add the vanilla extract (note NOT vanilla essence)
5) Add the bicarbonate of soda and mix thoroughly.
6) Add the chestnut flour and mix to make a batter free of flour clumps.
7) Drop tablespoon-sized dollops of batter into the griddle.
8) Within less than a minute small bubbles will appear on the top of each little pancake, indicating it is time to flip them over with a spatula.
9) At this point it is good to turn the heat down for the other side. Low to medium heat is essential to ensure they cook through without burning.
10) When the pancakes are golden brown on both sides they are ready.
11 Serve straight away as they are best hot.
Added by: E11ie
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers