Quick, simple and oh so yummy! This recipe can easily be halved, but it's best to make the whole batch because they store amazingly well in the freezer.
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
1lb Einkorn wheat flour
8 oz butter or margarine
3 oz sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Splash of milk to bind dough
Plain flour for rolling out
Dark Chocolate large bar
1. Mix flour baking powder and sugar together,
2. Rub in the fat
3. Add enough milk to bind the dough.
4. Wrap dough in cling film and leave for half an hour.
5. Roll out dough to about 5mm thick and cut out
6. Place on greased baking tray and prick holes with a skewer
7. Bake for 10 - 15 mins at 180 Celsius until lightly browned
8. Remove from baking sheet with palette knife and cool
9. Melt chocolate
10. Turn all the biscuits over on cooling tray,
11. Using a palette knife apply melted chocolate to underside of biscuit
12. Draw a fork across the chocolate one way and then a skewer across the chocolate
90 degrees perpendicular to fork lines to get the feathered effect.
13. Allow to set then enjoy with a cuppa.
Added by: Helen Clarke
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.