Sweetmeal Einkorn Chocolate Digestives . Perfect accompaniment to a nice cuppa tea.
1lb Einkorn wheat flour
8 oz butter or margarine
3 oz sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Splash of milk to bind dough
Plain flour for rolling out
Dark Chocolate large bar
1. Mix flour baking powder and sugar together,
2. Rub in the fat
3. Add enough milk to bind the dough.
4. Wrap dough in cling film and leave for half an hour.
5. Roll out dough to about 5mm thick and cut out
6. Place on greased baking tray and prick holes with a skewer
7. Bake for 10 - 15 mins at 180 Celsius until lightly browned
8. Remove from baking sheet with palette knife and cool
9. Melt chocolate
10. Turn all the biscuits over on cooling tray,
11. Using a palette knife apply melted chocolate to underside of biscuit
12. Draw a fork across the chocolate one way and then a skewer across the chocolate
90 degrees perpendicular to fork lines to get the feathered effect.
13. Allow to set then enjoy with a cuppa.
Added by: Helen Clarke
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will generally be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers