Country bread with 30% heritage flours, flavoursome and flexible, this bread can suit many different styles and schedules.
200° C / Fan 180° C / 400° F / Gas 6
600g Einkorn Flour from Shipton Mill
Website to order flour: https://www.shipton-mill.com/flour-direct/organic-einkorn-wholemeal-flour.htm
½ tsp Salt
16 fl oz Kefir (room temp)
1 tbsp Light Olive Oil
1. Combine all the ingredients.
2. Mix all the ingredients until thoroughly combined (sticky / softish dough).
3. Cover and leave in warm place to prove for 24 hours.
4. Knock back the dough and knead again (it will be sticky).
5. Shape the dough and place it in an oiled tin (3”d x 9”l x 5”w) or on a baking sheet if using an oven.
6. Note: if using a breadmaker, place in the bread pan.
7. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place between 4 & 8 hours.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven or breadmaker for about 45 minutes.
9. Cool / Slice / Freeze
Wet your hands to handle & shape dough as it makes it easier.
Alternatively, use Dough Scraper from ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184592803657
Double quantities for 2 loaves – best to cook 2 loaves to save energy.
Added by: David Cooke
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.