Delicious Einkorn bread made without yeast - a really easy way to make bread with Kefir. Like sourdough but without the fuss.
200° C / Fan 180° C / 400° F / Gas 6
600g Einkorn Flour from Shipton Mill
Website to order flour: https://www.shipton-mill.com/flour-direct/organic-einkorn-wholemeal-flour.htm
½ tsp Salt
16 fl oz Kefir (room temp)
1 tbsp Light Olive Oil
1. Combine all the ingredients.
2. Mix all the ingredients until thoroughly combined (sticky / softish dough).
3. Cover and leave in warm place to prove for 24 hours.
4. Knock back the dough and knead again (it will be sticky).
5. Shape the dough and place it in an oiled tin (3”d x 9”l x 5”w) or on a baking sheet if using an oven.
6. Note: if using a breadmaker, place in the bread pan.
7. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place between 4 & 8 hours.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven or breadmaker for about 45 minutes.
9. Cool / Slice / Freeze
Wet your hands to handle & shape dough as it makes it easier.
Alternatively, use Dough Scraper from ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184592803657
Double quantities for 2 loaves – best to cook 2 loaves to save energy.
Added by: David Cooke
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers