Perfect Pizza Dough
Make Time: 1hr 20 min
300g strong bread flour
1 tsp instant yeast
200ml warm water
(from a sachet or a tub)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
, plus extra for drizzling
For the tomato sauce
handful fresh basil
or 1 tsp dried
1 garlic clove, crushed
Toppings - whatever you fancy! We added bacon, pineapple, onion, chedder cheese, and it was delicious!
1. Mix warm water (blood temp) , sugar and yeast together and leave it while you weigh out your flour and salt.
2. Roughly combine salt and flour together.
3. Combine wet and dry dough ingredients and knead for 10 mins (a dough hook in a mixer is a easy way of doing this.
4. Leave the dough for 10 mins to settle while you lightly grease (over greasing makes it difficult to shape you dough on the tray) your baking tray (this makes the dough easier to shape).
5. Place dough on tray flatten a bit with your hand; slowly work the dough out until it covers the bottem of the tray.
6. Cover dough in a drizzle of olive oil.
7. Cover dough and place somewhere warm for 30mins.
8. Preheat oven to 180 c (fan) and add risen dough to oven for 5-10 mins. Monitor the dough should hold is shape when poked but does not need to be brown.
9. Take dough out and layer on passata and olive oil followed by toppings of your choice. Bake for around 10 mins - until toppings are golden.
10. Pro tip add half of your cheese for baking and then add the remaining cheddar cheese once out of the oven for a stronger cheese flavour.
11. Enjoy!! It goes great with a green salad :)
Added by: lovelylilady
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.