Very healthy sourdough bread, with exceptional taste of black onion seeds. Not a fan of onion? Linseed, sunflower or pumpkin seeds can be used instead.
Ingredients (for one small loaf)
150 g rye sourdough starter
300 g lukewarm water
300 g white strong flour
100 g spelt flour
100 g light rye flour
1.5 tsp of salt
1 tsp quick yeast (4 g)
20 g black onion seeds
20 g chia seeds
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead for 10 minutes or use a dough hook of a food processor, as this is quite a sticky dough.
2. Cover the bowl with foil, let rest for 10 minutes and knead again for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size (2- 2.5 hours).
4. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased loaf tin. Let it rise for an hour or two until it's doubled in size.
5. Once doubled in size, sprinkle with water and seeds and place the bread in a hot oven 240 ° C. Bake for around 40 - 45 minutes or until done.
Added by: Monika Waszkiewicz
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.