Very healthy sourdough bread, with exceptional taste of black onion seeds. Not a fan of onion? Linseed, sunflower or pumpkin seeds can be used instead.
Ingredients (for one small loaf)
150 g rye sourdough starter
300 g lukewarm water
300 g white strong flour
100 g spelt flour
100 g light rye flour
1.5 tsp of salt
1 tsp quick yeast (4 g)
20 g black onion seeds
20 g chia seeds
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead for 10 minutes or use a dough hook of a food processor, as this is quite a sticky dough.
2. Cover the bowl with foil, let rest for 10 minutes and knead again for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size (2- 2.5 hours).
4. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased loaf tin. Let it rise for an hour or two until it's doubled in size.
5. Once doubled in size, sprinkle with water and seeds and place the bread in a hot oven 240 ° C. Bake for around 40 - 45 minutes or until done.
Added by: Monika Waszkiewicz
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers