Quick, simple and oh so yummy! This recipe can easily be halved, but it's best to make the whole batch because they store amazingly well in the freezer.
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
12 portions and approx 60 minutes to complete
250g chestnut flour
5 large eggs
250g full fat milk
10g baking powder
100g of 70% chocolate
15g 100% chocolate powder
One handful of Pecan or Walnuts for texture
One generous pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C
2. Separate all 5 egg whites from their yolks
3. Chop the chocolate and nuts into small rough pieces
4. Mix the chestnut flour, sugar, baking powder, chocolare powder, milk, egg yolks, oil, nuts (walnuts or pecan) and chocolate pieces
5. Whip the egg whites, with a generous pinch of salt, into mountain peaks, then fold them very carefuly into the mixture
6. Place the mixture into a round oiled baking tin
7. Place in the middle of the oven for about 40 minutes, then check the middle with a knife, to ensure its baked through
8. Allow to cool and then enjoy.....
Added by: Emmanuelle Cuq
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.