lovely soft mildly cheesy bread with a kick
150 grams starter
385 grams lager (the beer)
500 grams French type 55 flour
20 grams Khorasan flour
9 grams salt
5 grams child powder
5 grams ground Ancho chilli flakes
70 grams finely grated cheddar cheese
1. Add all the dry (including cheese) ingredients to a bowl &mix together to distribute all evenly
2. Add wet ingredients & mix until no dry parts exist
3. Leave to rest for 30 minutes covered
4. Carry out a series of stretch & folds for about a minute
5. Cover & leave in a warm place to prove for 6 hours
6. Turn out onto a lightly floured top & using a dough scraper shape into either a round or bloomer trying to keep as much air in as possible - i.e. try not to knock back the dough in the process.
7. Cover & leave allow to retard overnight
8. In the morning heat the oven to 240 degrees centigrade & place in a preheater dutch oven & bake for 20 minutes covered & 30 minutes uncovered
Slice butter and scoff - but be warned there’s a bit of a kic
Added by: Ian Makinson
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers