Parcelforce Industrial Action - impact on delivery timings...
Parcelforce Industrial Action impact on delivery timings
Friday 26 August, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 8 September and Friday 9 September 2022
While we have been informed that contingency plans are in place to assure the delivery of as many parcels as possible, service will be affected on these dates and may lead to delays, compounded by the bank holiday on the 29th August.
Should you need to order from us, we therefore strongly recommend that you place your order as soon as possible to ensure it reaches you before the start of the industrial action. We will continue to endeavour to process and despatch your order within 3-5 working days and will try our utmost to get as many parcels packed and sent out in advance of the strikes to minimise any disruption.
Please note that no timed delivery slots can be offered on the strike action dates and the Parcelforce customer care team won’t be in service, which will delay any delivery queries.
Thank you for your patience, and we hope this advance warning will help you plan for any baking you may have scheduled.
900g bread flour (100% Shipton Mill Organic White, or a 50 to 70% mix of white with the remainder Extra Course Wholemeal) 2 sachets easy blend yeast 1 half dessert spoon salt 3 dessert spoons sugar 130g rapeseed oil 2 eggs 400 mls warm water 100g raisins, soaked overnight in water Mixed pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds to sprinkle on top
1) Mix all ingredients, except raisins, either by hand or using a mixer and dough hook. The mixture should not be too dry, if necessary add more warm water, if too sloppy add a little extra flour.
2) Place in warming drawer or oven at lowest temperature to prove, covered with cling film. When doubled in size, take out and knead or beat again as before, adding the drained raisins. Don't worry if the mix is a little wet.
3) Halve the dough and place one of the halves on an oiled board. Knead and then roll out into a rectangular shape, approximately 12 by 8 inches. With a knife cut into 5 strips lengthwise that remain joined at one end.
4) Plait the strips together, strand 2 over 3, strand 5 over 2 and strand 1 over 3, repeat until the plait is completed then join the 5 remaining ends together.
5) Repeat with the other half of the dough.
6) Brush with 1 beaten egg yolk and sprinkle the seeds on the top.
7) Place both loaves on a lined oven tray in the oven again at the lowest temperature.
8) When the loaves have doubled in size turn up the heat to 190C in fan assisted oven (210C in a regular oven, gas mark 7). Bake for approximately 30 minutes until the loaves sound hollow when tapped underneath.
This is a special blend of 5 seeds and cereals, this product does not contain any flour. For those who love seeds and cereals to be a major part of their diet, this is an ideal mix containing malted wheat flakes, barley flakes,...
Our everyday loaf full of body and texture. We eat it as toast with peanut butter and as sandwiches - ham, cheese, mustard and salad or roast chicken, stuffing and mayo our favourites! Never fails for a chewy, heavily grained, substantial wholemeal loaf.
Based on a Panasonic sd-zb2502 wholemeal loaf recipe. Makes a perfect, delicious loaf with or without seeds. This loaf has a slight nutty taste from the rye flour and makes the loaf slightly more substantial than a standard wholemeal loaf with without the real heaviness of a rye loaf
A chewy fruity loaf with a good rise and crusty bake.
Add a recipe & get 5% off
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.