Perfect Pizza Dough
200g white flour (I use organic white No.4)
½ tsp salt
1 tsp dried easy blend yeast (fast acting)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
120ml warm water
150ml passata or pizza topping sauce
100g grated cheese
Extras as desired: ham, pepperoni, peppers, sweetcorn, mushroom, onion
(if including mushrooms, onions etc. I chop finely and sauté before adding)
• Preheat oven to 220°C or gas mark 7
• Mix flour, salt and yeast in large bowl
• In a jug mix oil and water
• Make a well in flour and add liquid. Mix with knife to form dough
• Knead dough for 10 mins until stretchy
• Press into a flat circle about 20cm diameter
• Spread circle with passata
• Sprinkle grated cheese over half the circle (and any other fillings used)
• Close the calzone, pulling the half with only passata over, then crimp edges (so it looks like a giant Cornish pasty)
• Transfer to a floured baking sheet and bake for 15 mins until golden and risen.
Added by: PAULINE GRAINGER
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.