In the interests of taste and timesaving I made these loaves, 4 small, with buttermilk and bulk proofed overnight. The hydration of this bread is higher than normal to make a lighter loaf. Try adding sesame seeds prior to baking. Gorgeous.
1200g Strong wholemeal flour
4g Active dried yeast (the yellow tin)
1. Mix all the ingredients into a large container until no dry flour showing.
2. Tip dough out onto the workbench and form into a rough ball.
3. Oil the walls of the container with vegetable oil and please the dough back into it.
4. Cover loosely with a lid or a plastic bag and rest overnight. 12-14 hours.
5. Knock back and divide into four pieces. I did 3 at 650g and what was left.
6. Mould into a ball and rest on the bench for 20 minutes.
7. Mould into the final shape and place on a baking tray.
8. The final proof will be in the region of 2 hours.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 230°C.
Added by: Doughtastic - Graham
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers