In the interests of taste and timesaving I made these loaves, 4 small, with buttermilk and bulk proofed overnight. The hydration of this bread is higher than normal to make a lighter loaf. Try adding sesame seeds prior to baking. Gorgeous.
1200g Strong wholemeal flour
4g Active dried yeast (the yellow tin)
1. Mix all the ingredients into a large container until no dry flour showing.
2. Tip dough out onto the workbench and form into a rough ball.
3. Oil the walls of the container with vegetable oil and please the dough back into it.
4. Cover loosely with a lid or a plastic bag and rest overnight. 12-14 hours.
5. Knock back and divide into four pieces. I did 3 at 650g and what was left.
6. Mould into a ball and rest on the bench for 20 minutes.
7. Mould into the final shape and place on a baking tray.
8. The final proof will be in the region of 2 hours.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 230°C.
Added by: Doughtastic - Graham
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers