Gluten Free Lemon Buckwheat Scones
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper
2. Combine flaxseed meal with water to create a flax egg and set aside
3. In a large bowl, mix honey and coconut oil together, and then add in flax egg and coconut milk and mix until combined
4. In a medium bowl, combine buckwheat flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt and mix well
5. Add dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until you get a thick, homogeneous cookie dough
6. Shape the dough into a small disc and place on the prepared baking tray
7. Slice dough into 6 pieces (like you would slice a pizza) and separate each piece slightly
8. Bake scones for 10 to 12 minutes, until the bottom of scones are golden brown
Added by: waljitkaur
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Looking for a unique gift for the baker in your life this Christmas? Well we might just have the answer, one of our beautiful Christmas Hampers.
Choose from The Baker’s Starter Kit, designed for the passionate home baker, some of the essentials to get you up and running to produce mouth-watering goodies. Or The Shipton Mill Special, a limited edition hamper including Uncle Tom’s cold-pressed olive oil, our Shipton Mill apron, a hand carved British bread board and more.