• 450g sifted cake flour (Soft Cake and Pastry Organic White Flour (117)
• 250g caster sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 120ml vegetable oil
• 9 egg yolks
• 180ml cold water
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon extract
• 9 egg whites
• Measure flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into sieve. Sift into bowl. Make a well; add oil, egg yolks, water, vanilla and lemon extracts to the well in the order that is given. Set aside. Don't beat.
• In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until very stiff. Set aside.
• Using the same beaters, beat egg yolk batter until smooth and light. Pour gradually over egg whites, folding in with rubber spatula. Do not stir. Pour cake mixture into tin.
• Bake for 55 minutes at 180 C.
Added by: Cheng Chen
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers