Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
• 450g sifted cake flour (Soft Cake and Pastry Organic White Flour (117)
• 250g caster sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 120ml vegetable oil
• 9 egg yolks
• 180ml cold water
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon extract
• 9 egg whites
• Measure flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into sieve. Sift into bowl. Make a well; add oil, egg yolks, water, vanilla and lemon extracts to the well in the order that is given. Set aside. Don't beat.
• In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until very stiff. Set aside.
• Using the same beaters, beat egg yolk batter until smooth and light. Pour gradually over egg whites, folding in with rubber spatula. Do not stir. Pour cake mixture into tin.
• Bake for 55 minutes at 180 C.
Added by: Cheng Chen
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.