Quick, simple and oh so yummy! This recipe can easily be halved, but it's best to make the whole batch because they store amazingly well in the freezer.
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
This recipe is an adaptation of Tessa Boersma's ISO CAKE recipe:
- 2 cups Shipton Mill Pastry Flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 tspn bicarb
- 3/4 cocoa
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 0.5 cups dark treacle sugar
- 1 Cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup hot coffee (or hot water)
- 0.5 cup milk
- 0.5 cup yoghurt or cream
- 2 eggs
- Line a 20 cm spring-form tin with baking paper and grease the sides with butter.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (fan)
- Combine dry ingredients (whisk in mixer)
- Add in the wet ingredients
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for approx. 50 mins or when a skewer comes out clean.
- Take the tin out the oven and let it rest for 10 mins before removing from tin.
- If you would like to add icing, heat milk chocolate with double cream in the microwave (play around with the quantities to achieve your desired consistency)
ENJOY hot (with vanilla ice cream) or room temperature.
Added by: Ilaria
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.