Great for using up spotty bananas, works with both plain and wholemeal flour, kids love em!
3 spotty bananas (as dark as you like) you can freeze them till you have 3, you can also substitute one for a grated apple or pear!
10oz plain flour (or wholemeal for a more wholesome finish)
1tsp baking powder
4 oz gran sugar
3 oz melted butter (or 3 fl oz oil)
2fl oz milk or water
muffin or cup cake trays / oven 170 fan / 190 conventional.
1. Sift flour and dry ingredients
2. peel and mash bananas (if they are fresher, chop a little with a knife)
3. Add the sugar, beaten egg, butter and milk and stir well
4. Lightly mix wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Spoon into cases (will do around 12 muffin cases, or split between 12 cupcakes, and a few mini muffins if you have smaller people around!
Larger muffins take 20-25mins at 190 degrees conventional oven, (or 170 fan)
smaller muffins will take 10-15
Test with a squewer to check if comes out dry.
You can of course substitute a couple of tablespoons of flour for cocoa, add chocolate chips, or, sultanas / raisins for variations!
Icing is nice!! but good and moist without!!
Added by: Sophie Hurr
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.