A crunchy, chewy biscuit with zingy lemon. Perfect with a cup of tea!
Makes approx 30
150g Almond flour (ground almonds)
150g Caster Sugar
Zest & juice of one lemon
2-3 tbsp Egg white
Icing sugar *QS
1. Mix the Almond flour and caster sugar together
2. Add the lemon zest and juice
3. Add the egg white gradually until the mixture holds together and resembles wet breadcrumbs
4. Use a piping bag to pipe the Amaretti onto a tray lined with parchement paper
5. Alternatively, pinch off pieces of the mixture and, using a digital scale, divide into 20g pieces and roll into circles. Place onto tray lined with parchment paper
6. Generously sift icing sugar on top off the Amaretti and leave overnight to allow for icing sugar to soak into the biscuits
7. Preheat oven to 150 Degrees Celsius
8. Pinch the Amaretti to create cracks in the surface of the biscuits and cover with more sifted icing sugar
9. Bake for 12-15 mins of until slightly golden
10. Leave to cool completely- Amaretti will harden slightly as they cool
*For an extra lemony kick, try adding a couple of drops lemon essence!
Added by: Ameena Nur
Good news, we are taking orders again, after clearing the initial backlog.
Levels of demand are still unbelievably high and we can only fulfil a finite number of orders each day. Please click here to find out more ...
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers