A crunchy, chewy biscuit with zingy lemon. Perfect with a cup of tea!
Makes approx 30
150g Almond flour (ground almonds)
150g Caster Sugar
Zest & juice of one lemon
2-3 tbsp Egg white
Icing sugar *QS
1. Mix the Almond flour and caster sugar together
2. Add the lemon zest and juice
3. Add the egg white gradually until the mixture holds together and resembles wet breadcrumbs
4. Use a piping bag to pipe the Amaretti onto a tray lined with parchement paper
5. Alternatively, pinch off pieces of the mixture and, using a digital scale, divide into 20g pieces and roll into circles. Place onto tray lined with parchment paper
6. Generously sift icing sugar on top off the Amaretti and leave overnight to allow for icing sugar to soak into the biscuits
7. Preheat oven to 150 Degrees Celsius
8. Pinch the Amaretti to create cracks in the surface of the biscuits and cover with more sifted icing sugar
9. Bake for 12-15 mins of until slightly golden
10. Leave to cool completely- Amaretti will harden slightly as they cool
*For an extra lemony kick, try adding a couple of drops lemon essence!
Added by: Ameena Nur
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.