Quick, simple and oh so yummy! This recipe can easily be halved, but it's best to make the whole batch because they store amazingly well in the freezer.
Makes approx 30
150g Almond flour (ground almonds)
150g Caster Sugar
Zest & juice of one lemon
2-3 tbsp Egg white
Icing sugar *QS
1. Mix the Almond flour and caster sugar together
2. Add the lemon zest and juice
3. Add the egg white gradually until the mixture holds together and resembles wet breadcrumbs
4. Use a piping bag to pipe the Amaretti onto a tray lined with parchement paper
5. Alternatively, pinch off pieces of the mixture and, using a digital scale, divide into 20g pieces and roll into circles. Place onto tray lined with parchment paper
6. Generously sift icing sugar on top off the Amaretti and leave overnight to allow for icing sugar to soak into the biscuits
7. Preheat oven to 150 Degrees Celsius
8. Pinch the Amaretti to create cracks in the surface of the biscuits and cover with more sifted icing sugar
9. Bake for 12-15 mins of until slightly golden
10. Leave to cool completely- Amaretti will harden slightly as they cool
*For an extra lemony kick, try adding a couple of drops lemon essence!
Added by: Ameena Nur
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.