A crunchy, chewy biscuit with zingy lemon. Perfect with a cup of tea!
Makes approx 30
150g Almond flour (ground almonds)
150g Caster Sugar
Zest & juice of one lemon
2-3 tbsp Egg white
Icing sugar *QS
1. Mix the Almond flour and caster sugar together
2. Add the lemon zest and juice
3. Add the egg white gradually until the mixture holds together and resembles wet breadcrumbs
4. Use a piping bag to pipe the Amaretti onto a tray lined with parchement paper
5. Alternatively, pinch off pieces of the mixture and, using a digital scale, divide into 20g pieces and roll into circles. Place onto tray lined with parchment paper
6. Generously sift icing sugar on top off the Amaretti and leave overnight to allow for icing sugar to soak into the biscuits
7. Preheat oven to 150 Degrees Celsius
8. Pinch the Amaretti to create cracks in the surface of the biscuits and cover with more sifted icing sugar
9. Bake for 12-15 mins of until slightly golden
10. Leave to cool completely- Amaretti will harden slightly as they cool
*For an extra lemony kick, try adding a couple of drops lemon essence!
Added by: Ameena Nur
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers