This shortbread variation beats "the best" hands down...…….and is so easy to make. Its so moorish you need to make two batches at the same time!!
50g caster sugar
100g plain flour - organic white, No 4 (105)
50g ground almonds
½ tspn Vanilla bean paste
• Heat oven to 190C, 375F, Mark 5; grease or line a baking tray
• Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy; add vanilla
• Add flour and ground almonds and mix well
• Using hands knead to bring together then make into a thick sausage shape
• Roll the “sausage” in demerara sugar
• Cut into 16 slices and place on baking tray
• Bake for 15mins till golden brown
Added by: PAULINE GRAINGER
Looking for a unique gift for the baker in your life this Christmas? Well we might just have the answer, one of our beautiful Christmas Hampers.
Choose from The Baker’s Starter Kit, designed for the passionate home baker, some of the essentials to get you up and running to produce mouth-watering goodies. Or The Shipton Mill Special, a limited edition hamper including Uncle Tom’s cold-pressed olive oil, our Shipton Mill apron, a hand carved British bread board and more.