Quick, simple and oh so yummy! This recipe can easily be halved, but it's best to make the whole batch because they store amazingly well in the freezer.
50g caster sugar
100g plain flour - organic white, No 4 (105)
50g ground almonds
½ tspn Vanilla bean paste
• Heat oven to 190C, 375F, Mark 5; grease or line a baking tray
• Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy; add vanilla
• Add flour and ground almonds and mix well
• Using hands knead to bring together then make into a thick sausage shape
• Roll the “sausage” in demerara sugar
• Cut into 16 slices and place on baking tray
• Bake for 15mins till golden brown
Added by: PAULINE GRAINGER
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.