This shortbread variation beats "the best" hands down...…….and is so easy to make. Its so moorish you need to make two batches at the same time!!
50g caster sugar
100g plain flour - organic white, No 4 (105)
50g ground almonds
½ tspn Vanilla bean paste
• Heat oven to 190C, 375F, Mark 5; grease or line a baking tray
• Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy; add vanilla
• Add flour and ground almonds and mix well
• Using hands knead to bring together then make into a thick sausage shape
• Roll the “sausage” in demerara sugar
• Cut into 16 slices and place on baking tray
• Bake for 15mins till golden brown
Added by: PAULINE GRAINGER
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers