This shortbread variation beats "the best" hands down...…….and is so easy to make. Its so moorish you need to make two batches at the same time!!
50g caster sugar
100g plain flour - organic white, No 4 (105)
50g ground almonds
½ tspn Vanilla bean paste
• Heat oven to 190C, 375F, Mark 5; grease or line a baking tray
• Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy; add vanilla
• Add flour and ground almonds and mix well
• Using hands knead to bring together then make into a thick sausage shape
• Roll the “sausage” in demerara sugar
• Cut into 16 slices and place on baking tray
• Bake for 15mins till golden brown
Added by: PAULINE GRAINGER
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.