Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
18 oz fresh rhubarb
12 oz self raising flour
6 oz caster sugar
6 oz butter
Sprinkle of Demerara sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat over to 180 ºC and line a large loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Sieve flour and salt into large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter and rub in until you have breadcrumb texture.
4. Add sugar.
5. Cut rhubarb into chunks less than an inch long and add to bowl.
6. Crack the eggs into the bowl, break the yokes and stir the mixture.
7. Don’t be worried about how dry the mixture is at this stage, there’s a lot of water locked up in the rhubarb! Just mix it all together.
8. Transfer mixture into tin, firm it down and sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
9. Cook for about an hour or until it generally looks done! Leave to cool for at least 20 mins before turning out of tin.
Added by: Chris Vernon
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.