this recipe is characterised by a long active autolysis, "San Francisco style"
80% Stoneground white Flour
10% Wholemeal flour
16% liquid sourdough starter
1. mix 70% of the water with the flours and the sourdough starter and let it rest for 3 hours to autolyse (active autolysis)
2. mix at medium-high speed in a mixer with the K tool while adding the water drop by drop, for a total time of around 5 min
3. then add the salt
4. let it rest on a surface for 15 min, then slap and fold
5. antoher two sets of slap and fold every 15 min
6. now place inside a bowl and every hr perform a gentle fold
7. after 8 hrs from the beginning pre-form, form and rest in a banetton overnight
baked in a dutch oven 25 min at 250 deg, then uncovered 25 min at 200 deg
Added by: Riccardo Sapienza
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers