I have tried to perfect this wonderful bread and after experimenting I’ve come up with this recipe which I’m happy to share with you. It’s pretty straightforward and the toppings definitely make it special.
It’s pretty straightforward and the toppings definitely make it special.
35g active starter
35g Shipton Mill no. 4 organic swbf
500 Shipton Mill SWBF or 100 white spelt and 400 SWBF
350 -375 G water
10g sea salt
15 olive oil
Toppings cherry tomatoes, olives, rosemary, herbes de Provence, sea salt flakes
1. Mix leven ingredients and leave for 4 hours min. You can leave overnight
2. Mix leven and water add olive oil flour and salt and rest for 30 mins.. you want a wettish dough.
3. Do 4 stretch and folds at 30 min intervals.
4. Bulk prove for around 4 to 5 hours- I have left it overnight if not too warm
5. Grease and line a baking dish with oo and then baking parchment. Dish around 32c x 20c ish!
6. Flip the dough into the baking dish and gently stretch it to fit the dish.
7. You can leave for an hour ish and then bake but I tend to leave it in the fridge until I’m ready to bake it. Then take it out and leave for 1 or 2 hours to come to room temperature. Look out for bubbles which means it’s ready.
8. Add a slug of OO or extra Virgin OO then dimple the dough with your fingers. Add chosen toppings and push them into the dough. If using toms and olives cut them in halves. Add herbs and sea salt .
9. Bake at 210 c fan oven for about 20 mins until golden.
10. When cooled a bit take out of baking dish and put on a rack to cool.
11. Enjoy – great dipped in extra Virgin and balsamic
I find this focaccia keeps for 2 or 3 days ( if not eaten) in a cloth bag )
Added by: Marilyn Watkinson
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers