Classic Irish Bread
Makes 2 loaves
Preheat Oven at 200 Degrees Celcius
Shipton Mill T45 Flour 450g
Bicarbonate of Soda 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Cream of Tartar 1 tsp
1. Sift together all dry ingredients and rub in the butter
2. Make a well in the centre and add all the liquid
3. Mix by hand and form into a dough- be careful not to over mix
4. Shape into 2 round loaves with a floured hand
5. Place onto a floured baking sheet and flour the top
6. Cut a deep cross on the top of the loaves
7. Bake for approx 40 mins
Added by: Ameena Nur
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.