Advanced Bread Baking Course
This course is for you if you have a good understanding of baking your own bread. Ideally you will already have been on a Basic Course and will understand the mechanics of fermentation and the terms used in bread baking.
More about the Advance Baking Course
On the Advanced Day we concentrate on:
- Utilising a “Mother” dough to best advantage by producing a dough within a working day:
- The basic laws of fermentation will still apply but we will be concentrating more on technique
- Blending flours and the reasons why
- Making a loaf using 100% rye flour
- Making a loaf with an open crumb with high water absorption using 24hr saltless sponge to practise wet dough development
- Producing soft rolls for baps or bridge rolls using sponges and flying sponges with the addition of natural crumb softeners
If time permits and all are in are willing then we may be able to slip a scone in somewhere as variances within this product can be easily eradicated once you understand what each ingredient will be doing within the recipe.
This day will be a full day and more complex than the Basic Course and breaks will be governed by our production.
Who should attend?
- Attendees of the Basic Day
- Competent Home Bakers with a good understanding and experience of baking their own bread who want to take their skills to the next level
Payment & refunds
Please note that all courses must be paid for at the time of booking and they are on a first come first served basis. Refunds may be given if you notify us by calling the mill (01666 505050) at least 24 hours before course start – otherwise no refund will be made.
Courses start at 9:30 and finish at about 4pm (bread depending!)
Please try and arrive by 9:15am to get ready for a prompt start.
Please bring with you an apron and a willing pair of hands.
Lunch will be provided
Location & Directions
Both Courses will be held at our Frampton On Severn Mill
Shipton Mill, Bridge Road, Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire GL2 7HE
M5 junction 13 - go to the A38 turn left toward Bristol, pass the petrol station on the left - Filter and turn right, -go through the village of Frampton on Severn - Pass the green and the Bell Inn on your left -Just before the canal bridge turn right into the industrial estate - Go to the “Weigh bridge” office where you will be welcomed.